1.C 2.C 3.A 4.D 5.B 6.B 7.D 8.D 9.C 10.B 11.D 12.A 13.A 14.C 15.B
16.A 17.D 18.A 19.D 20.B 21.C 22.D 23.D 24.D 25.C 26.B 27.B 28.C 29.C 30.D 31.C 32.C 33.B 34.D 35.D 36.C 37.C 38.B 39.D 40.B 41.B 42.A 43.A 44.C 45.D 46.C 47.D 48.A 49.A 50.D 51.D 52.C 53.C 54.A 55.B 56.B 57.A 58.D 59.A 60.A
( )1. --Which would you like, a cup of tea or a glass of milk?
--- ______. I think I’ll just have a glass of water.
A. Both B. Neither C. None D. Either
( )2. I’ve never seen ______ match before.
A. such an exciting B. so an exciting
C. such an excited D. so an excited
( )3. We usually _____ hello to each other.
A. tell B. talk C. speak D. say
( )4. She did the exercise again. She forgot _____ it.
A. to do B. doing C. do D. did
( )5. There _____ a great number of students over there. The number of the students ____ five thousand.
A. are, is B. are, are C. is, are D. is, is
( )6. I think he must be in the office now, ______?
A. don’t I B. mustn’t he C. isn’t he D. can’t he
( )7. --- How many people were there at the meeting? ----_______.
A. Nobody B. No one C. None D. Nothing
( )8. I _____ the mouse for 18 yuan in the supermarket.
A. paid B. bought C. cost D. spent
( )9. _____ of us felt very tired but quite happy after _____ sports meeting.
A. Everyone, a two days’ B. Every one, the two days
C. Every one, the two-day D. None, a two-day
( )10. --- Will you please _____ your radio a little? I can hardly go to sleep.
--- Oh, sorry.
A. turn off B. turn on C. turn down D. turn up
( )11. I’ll spend as much time as I can _____ after the flowers in the garden.
A. look B. to look C. looking D. looked
( )12. It’s _______ that we will never forget.
A. such a nice city B. a such nice city C. a so nice city D. so a nice city
( )13. I’m afraid I’ll spend _____ two hours on the problem.
A. other B. more C. another D. else
( )14. There used to be a house_____ on the top of the mountain.
A. standing B. stands C. stood D. stand
( )15. —Can you remember this park? We _____ here.—Sure. But now I ______ in that swimming pool.
A. are used to take a walk, am used to swim
B. are used to taking a walk, am used to swimming
C. used to take a walk, used to swim
D. used to take a walk, am used to swimming
( )16. Girls like to ________ themselves in modern dresses.
A. dress B. make C. put on D. wear
( )17.– Will you please tell John to come to my office?-- _____.
A. Yes, I do B. I’ll be glad C. Thank you D. I’ll be glad to
( )18. – Who cleaned the blackboard yesterday, Dick?-- John _____.
A. cleaned B. does C. did D. is
( )19. – Which sweater do you prefer, the yellow one or the pink one?
-- ____. I like a light blue one.
A. Either B. Both C. Any D. Neither
( )20. The doctor worked for ___ after twelve o’clock.
A. two more hours B. two another hour
C. more two hours D. another two hour
( )21. Who is the man over there? Is it Mr Li? -- No, it ___ be him. Mr Li is much taller.
A. mustn’t B. may not C. can’t D. needn’t
( )22– Your dress is very beautiful, Mary. -- ____.
A. Not at all B. Just so-so. C. No, it isn’t. D. Thank you
( )23. We_____ spend too much time in watching TV.
A. told don't B. told not to . C. were told not to D. were told to not
( )24. He said he ___ never seen _____ an exciting football match before.
A. has, so B. has, such C. had, so D. had, such
( )25. We study five days ___week and on Sundays we often play ____football.
A. a;the B. 不填;a C. an;a D. a;不填
( )26.____John ____ Jack may go with you because one of them must stay at home.
A. Neither;nor B. Both;and C. Either;or D. Not only;but also
( )27. He told me that he _____ here for five minutes.
A. has come B. had arrived C. had been D. came
( )28. -_____ are the Olympic Games held? .-Every four years.
A. How often B. When C. How soon D. How long
( )29. You won't pass the exam______ you study hard.
A. if B. when C. after D. unless
( )30. -Could I use your bike? -Yes， of course you _____.
A. can B. could C. must D. will
( )31. All of us preferred ________ to ________ there by bus.
A. walking; go B. to walk; go C. to walk; going D. walking; going
( )32. I've given you everything ____ I have.
A. which B. that C. who D. whom
( )33. Forty minutes _______ for the children to finish all the work.
A. is quite a long time B. are quite long .
C. was a quite long time D. were quite long time
( )34. ______ of us has read the story，so we know nothing about it.
A. Some B. Both C. None D. All
( )35. -Would you like some more rice? .-Yes， Just ______.
A. a few B. few C. a little D. little
( )36. -Look! That man looks like Mr Brown.
-It _____ be him， for he _____ America.
A. can't;has gone to B. may not;has gone
C. mustn't;has been to D. can't;has been to
( )37. Jim with his parents _____ abroad. They ____ back in two weeks.
A. have gone;will come. B. has gone;will come .
C. have been to;have come D. has been;come
( )38. ______ he failed in the maths exam again， ______ he never gave up.
A. Because，so B. Because，/ C. Although，but D. Although， /
( )39. -Would you mind my opening the windows? .-_____.
A. Sorry. I wouldn't B. No， of course not
C. It doesn't matter D. Yes， please
( )40. -Why not come and join us in the game?
-_____. But I must meet Mr Smith at his office now..
A. I'd like to B. Let's go C. Yes， please D. It's a pleasure
( )41. -Will you please show me the photo of your family? .-OK. I will it____ here tomorrow.
A. take B. catch C. bring D. carry
( )42. Keep _______， and you'll succeed.
A. to try B. tries C. trying D. tried
( )43. -I hear Tom is working hard at his lessons. .-I'm ______ he will pass the exams this time.
A. afraid B. surprised C. sure D. sorry
( )44. Mary is flying to France soon. She will arrive ____ London ____ the morning of July 19.
A. to，on B. in，on C. in，in D. at，in
( )45. Would you mind ___ me how ____English words?
A. telling，to remember B. telling，remember
C. to tell，to remember D. to tell，remember
( )46. Mary doesn't like dancing. _____..
A. Neither do I B. Either do I C. So do I D. So I don't
( )47. We couldn't see_____ because the light in the room was poor.
A. enough clear B. clear enough C. enough clearly D. clearly enough
( )48. ______woman over there is _______popular teacher in our school.
A. A;an B. The;a C. The;the D. A; the
( )49. -What's your English teacher like? .-______.
A. He is good B. He likes reading C. He's thirty D. He's thin and tall
( )50. We should keep on _____ English every day.
A. to practise to speak B. to practise speaking
C. practising to speak D. practising speaking
( )51. There was a strange sound outside. Mary went out and____ around，but she ___ nothing.
A. looked;saw B. saw;saw C. watched;looked D. looked;find
( )52. Would you please ____ it in English?
A. speak B. say C. tell D. talk.
( )53. I have ______ for my pen everywhere， but I just can't _____ it.
A. found，find B. found，look C. looked，find D. looked，look
( )54. After a short break he went on _____.
A. to speak B. speak C. speaking D. spoken
( )55. -Do you like milk or coffee? -I prefer milk ___ coffee..
A. with B. to C. than D. of
( )56.—Will you please _______us a story, Miss Gao?
—OK. Shall I _______it in English or in Chinese?
A. tell; speak B. talk; speak C. tell; say D. talk; say
( )57. He eats______ food, so he is ________ fat.
A. much too; too much B. much too; too many
C. too much; much too D. too much; many too
( )58. —I’m sorry I left my exercise book at home.
—Don’t ___________it to school tomorrow, please.
A. forgot to take B. leave to bring C. forget to bring D. left to take
( )59.Remember ________ with others.
A.not to be angry B.don’t be angry C.don’t angry D not angry
( )60. My CD doesn't work well.I'll go and___________ this evening.
A.have them repaired B.to repair C.have it repaired D.have it repair
1. They left Guangzhou on the ________ of June,2010.
2. This book is the lightest and _________ of all the books.
3. Something must be ____________ to build up a Great Green Wall.
4. A lot of people find they can’t get jobs __________ experience.
5. We are sure that the whole city’s sports meeting can be held _________ in our school.
6. Early to go to bed and early to get up make a person_____________ .
7. Mr. George _________ to take a walk after supper when he was in the countryside.
8. Could you cut the pear into two _________ ?
9. When Mr. Li came in, he saw that all the students were busy ________ English.
10. Mother wants to know __________ English is the best in my class.
11. The cat has been _______ for a week.
12. It was an ________ trip. We all had a wonderful time.
13. Meimei’s home is the _________ from the school of all the students’.
14. Whose pens are these ? They are __________ .
15. Would you mind __________ the window ? It’s very hot here.
16. How many __________ does the baby have ?
17. It’s ten __________ ride from here to the school.
18. English is ___________ as a foreign language in our country.
19. Neither my parents nor my brother __________ to work late every day.
20. The ______________ lesson is easier than the first one.
21. The students enjoyed ___________ the foreigner’s questions.
22. My brother is ________ .He often makes mistakes when he does his homework.
23. The old man looked at them _______ and couldn’t say a word.
24. Mr. Green _________ to Beijing last year.
25. Tom jumped ___________ today than he did yesterday.
26. A lot of _________ will come to China for a visit next month.
27. Did you go to John’s birthday party? No. I wasn’t __________ .
28. My father is good at drawing. He has _________ many pictures so far.
29. Look. The cat is washing ________ face. How funny it is!
30. My uncle lives on the _________ floor.
31. There _______ a bed, a desk and two chairs in my bedroom.
32. In a few _________ time, the villagers will live more happily.
33. Many ____________ of trees must be planted in the world.
34. It is getting warmer. I think it is going to be ___________ tomorrow.
35. We can’t leave the old woman by _____________ .
36. The students can see the blackboard ________________.
37. ____________are used for cutting things.
38. December is the ______________ month of the year.
39. The novel is ________________ by a famous writer.
40. My father gets up _______________ in my family.
1-5 BADBA 6-10 CCACC 11-15 CACAD 16-20 ADCDA
21-25 CDCDD 26-30 CCADA 31-35 DBACC 36-40 ABDBA
41-45 CCCBA 46-50 ADBDD 51-55 ABCCB 56-60 CCCAC
1.first 2.thinnest 3.done 4.without 5.successfully
6.healthy 7.used 8.halves 9.reading 10.whose
11.dead 12.enjoyable 13.farthest 14.theirs 15.opening
16.teeth 17.minutes’ 18.taught 19. goes 20.fifth
21. answering 22. careless 23. angrily 24. flew 25. worse
26. Germans 27. invited 28. drawn 29. its 30.twentieth
31. is 32. years’ 33. millions 34. sunny 35. herself
36. clearly 37.Knives 38. twelfth 39. written 40. earliest